HUESKER Geosynthetics - reliability built on experience
The company was founded as the limited partnership H. & J. Huesker & Co, in December 1861 in Gescher, Germany. With the dawn of rapid industrial expansion in the 19th century and the success of flax and hemp cultivation, Münsterland found itself in the spotlight of the European textile industry.
As a result, in 1863 the company began producing cotton textiles in its newly completed factory. Germany's rapid industrial expansion during this period brought swift growth and by 1867 the company was already manufacturing on 200 looms.
In addition to the mass market, an extensive niche market also developed for products that could fulfil special functions in technically complex and economically highly efficient applications. In 1958, HUESKER recognized the extremely promising outlook for synthetic textiles and began its production of technical textiles with the manufacture of tarpaulin filter fabrics and sandbags.
This was followed by the development of multi-functional geotextiles and the design of sophisticated combined applications for separation, filtration and drainage.
Continuous expansion of the product range ultimately led to the foundation in 1973 of the independent, medium-sized company, HUESKER Synthetic GmbH, a global player with an extensive sales network of expert partners.
Milestones in the development of the HUESKER Group at a glance:
|1861||Founding of limited partnership H. & J. Huesker & Co.|
|1862||Cornerstone ceremony of the first factory building|
|1863||Completion of factory and start of production on 150 looms|
|1876||Construction of an additional mill in Vreden|
|1897||Company transformed into a general commercial partnership|
|1905||Construction of an in-house spinning mill in Gescher|
|1913||Huesker meanwhile employs over 1172 looms and 613 employees|
|1932||First fully automated machines installed at the spinning mill in Gescher|
|1951||Transformation of the general commercial partnership into a limited partnership. Post-war production shifts to finished textile products|
|1958||Focus on the production and sales of synthetic fiber products and synthetic materials (including tarpaulin filter fabrics and sandbags)|
|1973||Founding of HUESKER Synthetic GmbH & Co.|
|1982||Cotton fabric production discontinued|
|1990||Establishment of first sales office (Rostock)|
|1991||Founding of first subsidiary (USA)|
|1992||Establishment of sales office in France|
|Establishment of NaBento production facility, Falkenstein|
|1996||Establishment of UK sales office|
|1998||Founding of additional subsidiaries in Brazil (HUESKER Ltda.) and Spain (HUESKER Geosintéticos, S.A.)|
|2000||Expansion of production in Gescher|
|2001||Establishment of sales office in Austria|
|2002||Founding of Italian subsidiary, HUESKER S.r.l.|
|HUESKER expansion in Dülmen|
|2003||Subsidiaries in England (HUESKER Limited) and France (HUESKER France SAS) commence operation|
|2010||HUESKER presented with the IGS Award for the development of geosynthetic reinforcements|
|2011||HUESKER celebrates its 150th anniversary with employees, customers, partners and companies|
|2012||Establishment of HUESKER Asia sales office in Singapore|
|2013||Founding of subsidiary HUESKER B.V. in the Netherlands|