HUESKER’s GeoPass Provides Geosynthetics Technical Networking
On October 13, North Carolina-based HUESKER hosted a high-level, invitation-only geosynthetics technical networking event—GeoPass—in Charlotte, North Carolina at its new headquarters. The gathering of researchers, consultants, and other construction and industry stakeholders also allowed HUESKER to show off its spacious, new manufacturing facility in the nearby city of Shelby.
The day-long GeoPass event featured high-level presentations from independent figures in the geosynthetics field and experts from within HUESKER’s international network. The tour of the 150,000 ft.2 manufacturing facility, which is triple the size of the old plant on the same site, allowed attendees to view the new equipment, the enhanced capabilities of existing lines, a state-of-the-art testing laboratory, and a greatly expanded storage, fabrication, and material handling space.
HUESKER has been in a strong growth mode in North and Central American markets, particularly in respect to mining, coal ash, remediation, and geotextile tube-related applications (e.g., dewatering and coastal protection).
- Dr. Dov Leshchinsky (ADAMA Engineering, Professor Emeritus, University of Delaware) – “Limit Equilibrium Design Framework for MSE Structures with Extensible Reinforcement”
- Mitch Halsey, P.E. (Schnabel Engineering) – “Current and Potential Applications of Geosynthetics in Coal Refuse Disposal Facilities”
- Dr. Taner Aydogmus, PhD (Flatiron Construction). Presentation: “Geosynthetics in Geotechnical Engineering Practice – Contractors View”
- Mike Samueloff, P.E. (HUESKER Inc., USA) – “High Strength Geosynthetic Paving Interlayers for Asphalt Reinforcement”
- Oliver Detert, Dipl.-Ing. (HUESKER Synthetic GmbH, Germany) – “Innovative Solutions for Embankment Construction on Soft Soils”
Additionally, HUESKER inc.’s CEO Sven Schroer addressed the guests, as did company engineering lead Lilma Schimmel, P.E. and Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) Executive Council Chairman Keith Gardner.
The day began at HUESKER’s new headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, where presentations were conducted. In the latter half of the afternoon, the group drove into Shelby to tour the manufacturing facility.
A dinner closed out the day.
Want to be a part of the next GeoPass?
Contact Lilma Schimmel at email@example.com be notified of our next event.